Thanks to Sunghee I’ve really enjoyed Lost. We’ve caught up in the past year or so thanks to Netflix.
Here’s some theories, thoughts, observations for the upcoming final season.
- John Locke is still Locke, not the smoke monster / man in black. But the Locke dead body is real, and he did die. How so? The bunnies in The Orchid station that were part of the time travel experiments actually duplicated. There were two Locke’s running around the desert. This also means there’s two Bens. This does not mean MiB cannot take over dead bodies.
- Every vessel (plane, ship, raft) that has come to the island has had various roles filled. There’s always been a doctor, and musician that I’ve seen. There’s probably also been a prisioner and a guard, a pregnant woman, etc. Why?
- Man in Black’s body was killed at some point, but his spirit cannot die. Same thing with Jacob.
- Whatever happens happened is the main rule. Alternate timelines don’t seem to fit in canon at this point. Faraday was always going to be killed by his mother, Jack was never going to help little Ben, etc.
- Faraday’s mother has his journal which has extensive information about what’s going to happen on the island for the next 30 years. This is shared with Charles Widmore, but not with Ben. Ben has some information, but he has too big of a role to play emotionally, so he has to be kept in the dark about most things.
- Charles Widmore is Penny and Desmond’s “Charlie”, and therefor, his own grandpa.